Friday, April 26, 2013

So today has been good to me

Not only is it a school holiday,all my anime dvds from RightStuf came in.

BEHOLD!
I haven't watched the Rose of Versailles aside from the first episode,but my initial impression is that it's great.

The Champion's Road OVA is pretty good,but since the dub is bad,so I recommend listening to it in Japanese,because it just makes the whole thing much better.

Then we have the Knights of the Zodiac part one by DIC,otherwise known as Saint Seiya:Butchered Edition.I always heard it was bad and after watching the first four episodes,I can confirm that it is quite bad.

Replaced music,random blood edits and that cheesy 90's dialogue,this is a disaster,I'm sure if I watched this as a kid,I would've changed the channel.

Anyway,after that,I went to Youtube to search for Knights of the Zodiac,because I wanted to see it someone uploaded some clips so I could make a blog entry on how bad it is.


WHAT HAVE I DONE?!


And then I stumbled across a channel that has all of the original 114 Saint Seiya episodes.
This is amazing,I never seen the end of the original series and better yet,it's english subtitled,albeit full of awkward wording and misspellings occasionally,but for a 20+ year old anime,I'm willing to put up with it.

If you ever wanted to see what the series is all about,then the original is probably the best place to start,that's where I started and you should be fine.

If  not,try Saint Seiya Lost Canvas or Saint Seiya Omega,the more recent entries in the franchise.

Oh yeah,and RightStuf already has a listing for the Saint Seiya movies,so I'm glad it's not crazy expensive http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/KT-iwuCzqOzQkTCsRd/browse/item/98180/4/0/0

Playlist for the Original series
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL81E9AC4692F02920

Where you can watch Lost Canvas
http://www.crunchyroll.com/saint-seiya-the-lost-canvas

Where you can watch Omega
http://www.crunchyroll.com/saint-seiya-omega



So I turned a blog entry about my day into a plug for Saint Seiya.ONLY ME!











No comments:

Post a Comment