Thursday, February 14, 2013

Gushing about Ace Attorney

I first stumbled upon this series in 2009 when I picked up Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney for the Nintendo DS on a whim.All I knew is that it was a video game about a lawyer,I have no idea why I decided to buy that kind of game when I was a freshman in high school but I wanted to try something different.

I never played any text adventure game before,I was like everyone else in school,just playing what ever was advertised.I loved the emphasis on story and characters in the game,I was just at the right age to appreciate something different and I bought the trilogy of games on the WiiWare.

I bought the other games on the DS as well,enjoying them and trying to get my friends into them,despite their disinterest,so I gave up on that for a while.I later tried to persuade them but not in the annoying "Play this now!Why aren't you interested?You should be!" kinda way and they at least have some genuine interest in the series.

The series has been getting more recognition as of late,with a crossover game with Professor Layton and the long awaited Ace Attorney 5 on 3DS.
There's one game that we will probably never get and that Ace Attorney Investigations 2.It's a spin off so I guess it's not that great a loss but it's still a disappointment that Capcom wouldn't localize it.Capcom has been doing that a lot lately but at least they confirmed Ace Attorney 5 will be coming out over here.

There's also manga about this series and I highly recommend it to fans of the games,they have the same feel that the series has and I have to applaud the mangaka for pleasing the fans.

The games themselves aren't boring as they sound,being a defense lawyer is pretty fun.The cases are always murder but the killings themselves happen in such unortodox ways,that you'll be wanting to keep playing until you find out how they died.
The series also has a pretty good mix of humor,fantasy,lots of puns and when shit hits the fan,suspense and seriousness.
It also has some catchy music and memorable characters with both funny and badass moments.


Probably the most witty writing Capcom ever had.




Ace Attorney was probably my gateway into more niche games,I remember thinking that there were more experiences like this and that's when I decided to actively seek out what to play.
I started to take a chance on games that I otherwise wouldn't try out like with Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World,that's another story but Ace Attorney indirectly got me into JRPGs because of the story aspect.

I love this series and foolishly hope it becomes more popular as time goes on.Maybe I convinced you...?With my high school educated writing?

Not having Justice For All in retail form really bothers me.





















The manga is also pretty good,I reccomend it even for
people who don't know anything about the games.








No comments:

Post a Comment