Saturday, June 15, 2013

Thoughts on Lucky Star





Lucky Star is an anime I knew existed but never really looked up any information on it,I just knew that it was around.

I finally decided to watch it on Crunchyroll,and as I'm writing this,I'm just thinking on how much I enjoyed it.

This is a slice of life anime,which means plot isn't the main draw,it's more about the characters and how they interact.

This is the first one I watched and I think I can get into other anime of this nature,I do like the characters a lot in this series and I assume other slice of life anime will make me attached to the characters.

Lucky Star is more meant for hardcore otaku fans,Konata frequently references manga and games in pretty much every episode and while I did catch a lot of these,there was also a lot that flew over my head.They reference The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a lot,and since I haven't watched that yet,I kinda felt like I missed something.

While I was kinda forcing myself to watch it for the first couple episodes,the show starts to get more fun around episode 3 and it was at that point that I realized that this anime isn't a waste of time.

I liked all the characters,Konata being my favorite,since she's essential me if I was a Japanese anime girl.I found her easy to relate to,but it is kinda scary how similar I am to her,they frequently point out her faults,almost like they were referring to me,telling us to focus on our studies instead of our hobbies.

Oh yeah,these girls are in high school,because nobody could've guessed that from the art style.
I do like the art style though,it's very cutesy and it never felt too out of place.

I liked it a lot,it's definitely an anime I would watch again at some point,I just need to watch more anime to get the references,because random anime references are a big part of Lucky Star.

There's 24 episodes and an OVA,which I'm thinking I might buy,since this anime left me wanting more.I can finally say I'm a Lucky Star fan.

Do I regret not watching it sooner?
Not really since I wasn't that into anime when Lucky Star came out,so a lot of the gags would've gone over my head.I was mostly interested in fighting anime back then,so that's why this didn't catch my interest all those years back anyway.Thankfully,my anime tastes have matured and I can now enjoy my hobby even more.


Anyway,next anime I plan on watching is either The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Oreimo,but I'll probably go with Haruhi,since that's already finished and it's been around forever.














No comments:

Post a Comment