Sunday, June 9, 2013

My experince with the Tales of series

There's this JRPG series that I really love,the "Tales" series.The Tales series is known for their great character development and character interaction,fun combat and it's deconstructure of the JRPG genre.

[I really first played Tales of Eternia on the PSP,a game not released for the American PSP.I have no idea how this game plopped into my hands,my dad bought a PSP and some games off this guy and I somehow got ahold of a PAL game,so this was the first imported title I ever had.I stupidly pawned the game after I couldn't beat it,thinking I could just buy it again at any store.I should've done some more research]

I first heard of Tales of Symphonia way back when,but I sadly never picked it up.Around 2008-2009 in the summer,I went to Best Buy (plug) and found Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World for about 15 bucks.Since I heard of this game,I decided to take a chance and see what the fuss was all about.This was one of the first games I bought just a whim,with no prior research aside from hearing the title.

It turns out that Dawn of the New World was a sequel to Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube,not an updated rerelease like I originally thought,but I played through it nonetheless.












By the time I finished it,I was hooked actually did research on this game and the respective series.This is when I found out I traded in an imported PSP game,and I felt like such a dumbass,that I rarely buy games these days without doing extensive research.

Anyway,around December 2010 and while I was at Gamestop searching for some other game,I found the original Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube for 20(!) bucks.
Screw whatever I was going to buy earlier,I want this!

I played it,and after 15 hours,I got stuck and didn't have the foresight to use a walkthrough,I gave up.

Around the end of 2011,after beating Zelda Skyward Sword for the 2nd time,I decided to try and finish Tales of Symphonia again,because Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Graces f were coming out in 2012,so what better time to finish this game and replay Dawn of the New World.

I actually finshed the game this time and I loved it as well.I even saw the anime and I liked that as well,it got me more interested in watching anime again.

I played though Tales of the Abyss on the Nintendo 3DS and I liked that game as well,enough to buy the 26 anime episodes as well.

Then I preordered Tales of Graces f,even if I didn't have a PS3 at the time,I decided to buy it anyway,just to support the fans on the Facebook page.

Anyway,I finally got a PS3 that summer and I still think that game is my favorite in the series.

And then I bought the Tales of Vesperia:First Strike movie in September.

And then I bought those chibi Tales figurines around November.

And now I have preordered the Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition.
My hype for this series is too much!I can't wait for Xillia and Xillia 2,and now that the Tales of Symphonia HD collection is going to come out,I can't think of a better time to be a Tales fan.

I hope more people get into this series,even if you're not that hardcore into JRPG's,I say still give them a shot,because they're just great games.









I should really replay this game sometime this year.


The film was pretty good even if you haven't played
the game.

I'm disappointed they didn't dub it,but whatever,I liked the subs anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment