Friday, January 4, 2013

The Anime rut I've been in

I was originally writing what anime related things I was looking forward,but then I could only mention Sailor Moon,Dragon Ball and that Devil Survivor 2 anime.

Pretty much,I've fallen out of watching new anime for some reason,I think the reason is time.Having RPG's as your favorite genre kinda takes alot of time away,and I plan to keep playing them.

The last new anime I watched was Cashern Sins,and Deadman Wonderland,but after the initial joy of Toonami's return was over,I didn't feel like watching one episode of anime a week.I still watch Toonami,but I don't make an effort to be there every Saturday.

And it's such a pain to even begin watching it in the first place,the dvds cost more money then they should,and the companies often take down videos on YouTube.I understand you want some money but I don't want to pay 40 bucks for a 12 episode anime I might not even like.

And then you have to find other websites that have these anime and hope that all the episodes are there,or else you need to find another website.It's a slight bother but that's enough for me to just give up on new anime and just continuing playing the game of the moment.

I really love anime,from the stories to the different art styles,but alot of those problems are why I stopped seeking out anime and just watch the same old series and play anime styled video games.















As you can see,I can get my anime fix from just video games alone if
I really wanted to.
 
 
 
If anything,what's been getting back into anime are these very games,with their anime adaptations and Ovas.The Valkyria Chronicles anime was enjoyable,but the Tales of Symphonia Ovas and their respective bonus ovas just remimded me on how much fun I had while watching anime.
 
 
I've been watching two series I've never watched so far,Code Geass and Gueran Lagann.
Gueran Lagann seems ok,so far,one of those "turn off your brain and enjoy the ride" kinda animes,currently on episode 2.

But Code Geass,currently on R2 episode 13,is really fucking good.I've been watching it on Bandai's official YouTube channel,but I forgot that they were shutting down in 2013,so I couldn't watch the last episode of season 1 at the time.So I had to find it somewhere else,going through various websites,just like I ranted earlier but I feel that it's worth it.

The series is so good and I want to support it,but Bandai's out of business,and if I were to spend like 100+ bucks on the series,I want the money to go the creators and licensors,not some random dude on eBay.

Is it unethical to pirate an anime when the distributor has gone under?I know people justify their crimes by saying it's a victimless crime,but what situation does that leave Code Geass?I barely started watching it about a month ago  and then the company dies out,that usually doesn't happen while I'm watching an anime for the first time.I'll finish watching it online,but I'm always for supporting the offical release,but that still doesn't stop me sometimes,pretty hypocritical of me.
I guess try not to pirate everything,that's my cop out answer.


Anyway,after Code Geass,I plan on seeing Madoka Magica,and I do plan to buy the dvds...which will cost me 90 bucks,which is alot for an 18 year old without a job so I guess I have to get a job,I hear those things give you disposable income.
















No comments:

Post a Comment