Sunday, May 5, 2013

Anime conventions

I'm going to an anime convention that's taking place on May 24-26.I already bought my ticket and everything,so I'm good on that front,I just have to think what to do and not do.

I went to a couple of anime conventions in Mexico,and from what I can tell,they're pretty much the same thing,they have the voice actors from the mexican dubs,they showcase upcoming dubs,people are selling stuff,people are playing games and cosplayers are everywhere.

When I went to those anime conventions,I was with my little bro and my older cousin,who's just as big an anime fan,if not moreso than I am,and he was leading us around,having fun,all that good stuff.

I wasn't really interested in interacting with people,I just wanted to buy stuff,this was before I discovered good places to buy anime merchandise like Play-Asia and Right Stuf (brilliant plug),so this was a really great experience,despite my single minded goal,I still had fun just watching other people dressed up and talking about their animes.

Everytime,I went to those anime conventions in Mexico,I had the same purpose,to buy stuff.
Wel,now there's an upcoming anime convention in my area,so why not?

I want to make this upcoming experience different,so I plan on being more social than I was 4 years ago,to chat with people and maybe even make some new friends.

I asked a few of my friends from school to see if they can go,but so far,there's only one friend that MIGHT go with me,but it's not looking great so far in that aspect.

Anyway,I'm bring my 3DS and my multiplayer games,so I hope I get some streetpasses and good Pokemon battles.

I'm probably going to bring my Goku messenger bag,the same one I use for school,just because that bag usually holds my 3DS anyway.

I bought the 3 day pass,but for now,I'm planning going only on Saturday,but I thinking if I should just go there all 3 days.

I know there's going to be some voice actors there,so maybe I'll get something signed.

I'm not going to cosplay,because one,I have no idea who I should be and two,I heard that some cosplayers are brutal in the attitude department when it comes to that,so no thanks,I'll wait until I have some more experience with cons until I even think about trying that.

Anyway,I hope I'm more social than I normally am,I was never good with the "starting convensations and keeping them going" but then again,this is an anime con,stuff that I actually like can be discussed here,so I'm more confident about that than I nornally am.Usually,I dread social gatherings because I just don't know what to say,but I feel better about this.


There's another anime convention coming up in August that's in my town as well,but I think that would be getting ahead of myself,for all I know,I might not like the con experience,and I might not even be interested in going to cons anymore.I really hope that doesn't happen,so I should focus on having fun this month.

Remember that anime list I blogged about?I plan on finishing some of the more popular ones solely so I can interact better with the people there,I never saw Ouren High School Club.but they're having a panel for it,so I'm sure I can see a 26 episode anime series before the 24th,right?


Anyways,I hope everything goes well and I go to more in the future,I think I'll blog how everything went once it's over with,so let's hope I have good things to say.

http://www.anime-odyssey.org/
I know only like 2 of my real life friends read my blog,but still,I must give context.
This is the debut of Anime Odyssey,now to make sure they get a good start!































No comments:

Post a Comment