Sunday, May 5, 2013

Next gen thoughts/rant

By "next  generation",I'm referring to the PS4,Xbox 720 or whatever it's called and the Wii U.
Oh,he looks real.
A lot of people are saying the Wii U isn't next generation,and that makes me wonder,what the IS next generation anyway?

Some say better graphics,some say the specs under the console,and with the Wii,the controller might've been a factor.

I don't think we ever had an official term for it,companies usually said it almost synonymously with "next line of products we're selling".Does it mean new?Do graphics really even matter anymore?

Maybe it's because I have bad eyes,but I  really don't care about cutting edge graphics.In fact,I just look at realistic graphics and say "Oh,it looks good" and I usually move on.I'm not interested in realistic because that's what life is for,you wanna kill a hooker in GTA,kill one for real,I say.

Remember Sixaxis?Yeah,this screen will
probably go the same route.
I enjoy good graphics but I really don't see much difference between the PS3 and the PS4,aside from the draw distance,but draw distance is usually a minor complaint for a game anyway.

The PS4 controller is playing it safe,I doubt Sony would take anymore risks in their situation,and I feel the controller's touchpad or whatever it is will be very underused.


I don't care for Killzone,so Killzone 4 was never going to draw me in,it looked good but it seemed like a typical shooter,so whatever.
I don't remember the other gamers aside from Watchdogs,but that's coming for the PS3,so like hell I'm buying a new console for a "current gen port"
Yeah,the games aren't there yet,at least for me,so screw the PS4



The social features are interesting but I don't care about that stuff when I'm playing a game,whenever I play something engaging,I usually don't want to talk to friends unless I need help or if we're in the same room together.

I am not an online gamer,I have 26 PS3 games and only a handful of them have any online play.
I played Sonic Racing Transformed maybe once and the Naruto Storm 3 game a few times online,
I played more online matches in Pokémon than I ever did with my PS3,Pokemon is perhaps the only game that I find very enjoyable online,but Pokémon is more social than most games,and it is one of my favorite series,so take that as you will.

The whole always online thing with the 720 also bugs me,because it's not so bad now,but in the future like say 15 years from now,the 720 will be junk that can't do it's purpose,because the servers are not up anymore.Meanwhile,NES games will work just as well,while your $300+ system collects dust,aside from a common sight in youtube videos where people smash their useless box.

The Wii U is higher than the PS4 and 720 on my wishlist,because of the first party support.Third party games tend to be more hit or miss than first party,so I'm fine with the Wii U as long as they hurry up with the first party stuff.Xenoblade 2,SMT X Fire Emblem,Windwaker and any other Zelda game are good enough for me.

Also,I'm almost 100% certain that there is a conspiracy against Nintendo,because they're getting no third party support recently,most of the newly announced games,all for PS3,360 or PC,but no Wii U?
There has to be stuff behind the scenes with Nintendo,because things are not good for the Wii U as of late.I don't know if Nintendo's at fault or if everyone is just being biased for "abandoning the hardcore gamers",whatever it is,games are all that matter in the end,so Nintendo has to work something out.

There's not too much lost anyway,except if a Tales game or another RPG game hits the other systems,then I'll get whatever system for those games.

In fact,the Vita has a better line up than the Wii U as of now,Persona 4 Golden,Gravity Rush and maybe Soul Sacrifice,I don't know,I'm not big on Monster Hunter-like gameplay.
IF Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R get localized,I'm instantly sold on the Vita,even if the future isn't guaranteed for the Vita,I will buy it just to play those games,they're system sellers as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway,so much talk about next gen has been getting to me,so you know what,I'm probably going to stick to the current generation consoles,just because there's still a lot of great PS3 and DS games that I missed out on.


It's funny how next gen consoles demand you have a huge room.
You have to buy a bigger house to get the most out of
your game console.

























Anyway,this seems more instrusive than
immersive to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment