Monday, May 27, 2013

Anime Odyssey thoughts on

First of all,it was raining.Hard.The weather is always bipolar in Texas,but did we really need to have a flash flood on for the entire weekend?
Anyway,I went on Friday for about 2 hours,more or less to know where everything was in the hotel.The only panel I went to that day was with Eric Vale and Colleen Clinkinbeard doing a Q and A session and while I went in halfway into the panel,I still had a lot of fun.
The rest of that day,I was checking out the venders room and buying various things.

On Saturday,I went for about 4 hours.I checked out a Naruto panel some by some cosplayers and while it was a very silly,I laughed a lot.I was somewhat expecting people to be talking about the newest chapter (631) and where the story might go from here,but no,everyone wanted to make fun of Neji's crossdressing habits in SD.So yeah.

After that was done,there really wasn't anything going on that I was interested in for about an hour,so I awkwardly wandered around the hotel,seeing what stuff people were doing and buying some more stuff.Did I mention that nobody I knew went to this thing,and I felt a little out of place being a loner,because that's what happened.

Anyway,then Tia Ballard was holding a panel for amateur voice acting and I think this was my favorite.She was pretty funny and a lot of people in the audience were pretty funny as well,making the atmosphere pretty lively and enjoyable.
I didn't go on Sunday because that's the depressing day when people are packing up and everyone's tired,so I decided to stay home,just watching anime and playing games.


All in all,I don't think it was too bad for my "first" con,I probably should've talked more and I should've stayed a few more hours,but I still had fun.

The con was pretty good all things considered,I hope Anime Odyssey will be there next year,because I'm probably going again.I think I'll also go to San Japan in August,because that one the biggest con in San Antonio.

Compared to AniMex in Mexico,this one felt more organized since it was at a hotel rather than a convention center.In AniMex,everything was in one big area,the venders were in the center while the panels were being held in cubicles around the sides of the area.
For Anime Odyssey,all the panels were in seperate rooms and the venders area was in another building entirely,so it felt more organized.


On the 3DS side of things,I got 10 people on streetpass and on Saturday,I got 18 people,so while it might not seem much,it's a lot for me,since there's times where I go to the mall and Gamestops and I don't get anybody.

On the cosplay side,I saw a lot of Naruto cosplayers,people in Goku shirts,some Vocaloids,some people in lab coats (I assume Stein;s Gate?),a couple Soul Reapers and this one Zero (Code Geass)

In retrospect,maybe I should've taken pictures of the actual event,but I'm a dumbass that didn't think to do that even though so many people were.

Well,I guess I'll show off the stuff I bought.










Bakuman card that comes with gum.


A Madoka Nendoroid chibi figure.

















This little Salamence plush.




Castlevania manga and Death Note
and Resident Evil movies.










Meanwhile...





This.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment