Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Early thoughts on Naruto Storm 3

Alright,as you may know,I played the first one and aside from the boss battles and how pretty the game looks,nothing really stood out.

Then I played Storm 2 two weeks ago,Feb 23 to be exact.I don't know what happened but I loved the game a lot more than the first,maybe it was because I never seen Shippuden before or the fact that I didn't have to play tree mini games to advance the plot but it left a better impact on me.
Due to time however,I didn't get to play Generations because Storm 3 was coming out in 2 days,so I wouldn't have the time or money to get though that game.

Now,I'm about 3 hours in and it's pretty much what you would expect from a sequel to Storm 2.The sandbox like story mode is there,the gameplay is pretty much the same with the exception of the substitution gauge.

And one of the most important annoyance got fixed in this game.You can smash the pots to get items as opposed to slowly taking the lid off and placing on the ground while the character collects the item!
This really bothered me in Storm 2,especially since you smashed stuff in Storm 1 for items,so I don't know why they changed it in the first place.

In the story,there now seems to be branching paths,you can chose the easier Hero path or the harder Legend path at certain points in the game.I don't know how significant the changes,if any,will be,but it was a pleasant surprise.

The last new thing is mob battles in the story mode,Dynasty Warriors but using the Ultimate NInja Storm engine is the best description I can come up with.

I may or may not give my full thoughts on this game since it seems to be mostly the same,but who knows,I might rant or praise something in the game later on.





This costume is less random now with the addition
of Mob Battles.


No comments:

Post a Comment