Monday, December 10, 2012

EX Troopers REALLY can't come over here?

Capcom decided to make this game called Ex Troopers,a heavily manga influenced spin off of Lost Planet.Me being a huge fan of stuff like this,I was of course looking forward to it despite never playing any of the Lost Planet games.

Capcom said a couple of months ago that they had to plans to release it in English speaking countries at the moment,but here were are in December after the game released,maybe they changed their stance?

No,they said it was designed SPECIFICALLY for a Japanese audience.Capcom would have to redo the manga style onamonapia,while I'm sure it's not easy,I know it could be done.
Look at Valkyria Chronicles,a game that has a watercolored manga-esque strategy game that used onamonapia.Most people like this game BECAUSE of the manga influnce,so ideally,the Japanese symbols would stay as is.But would it be worth it?


Yes,this game again.


An excuse to post more of this game.


Well,I did finish the game earlier today,it's still
fresh in my mind.








According to Siliconera,"At launch, the game only sold around 17,400 copies on the 3DS in Japan and even fewer on the PS3."
So the game tanked,so I could see how Capcom could be reluctant to release it over here,but what if they did?

Ex Troopers is a weird game to market,it has great action and multiplayer that many people would enjoy but many wouldn't be able to get past the cartoony visuals.Capcom would have to market it *gasp* towards a western audience,which don't care for this style of game.Americans want a generic soldier doing that "walking away from an explosion with their backs turned" pose than a pink haired anime dude,which is why the Lost Planet series has the visuals it does in the first place.

The game would most likely not do any better here,so what about a PSN release?
Unlike the retail option,Capcom wouldn't have to market it to be get minor sales,it'll just be there for everyone to download and this is probably the route Capcom will take if they decide on a western release.

It sucks when games this good don't come over here,like Dragon Ball Kai Ultimate Budoden,the only Dragon Ball fighting game on the DS and it's the only one that doesn't get an english release.That made no sense,so as soon as it looked all hope was lost,I imported it.I'll do the same here,I played the demo and I enjoyed that 20-30 minute demo more than the entirety of Lost Planet 1.Then again,I'm biased.

On the event it does come over here,I'll buy it again,why?Because it would be nice to experience the game's story and fully grasp everything.

PlayAsia is where I tend to get most of my imports,so support it,it's been good to me.

Japanese Version
http://www.play-asia.com/E.X._Troopers/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-57ht.html

Asian Version
http://www.play-asia.com/E.X._Troopers/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-5dul-4-6.html





















No comments:

Post a Comment