Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sega

First game that I got 100% completion.
All those emblems...mine!
When I grew up,all I played from Sega was the Gamecube Sonic games,and I enjoyed all of them.
I grew up more on Sonic than I did on Mario,I was sort of a Sonic fanboy,only with the internet and crappy recolor drawings.I even loved Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Riders!I liked Shadow's game because I was a Shadow fan,the guns and vehicles could've been gone and I wouldn't care,as long as I played with my favorite hedgehog.
However,I discovered Riders was shit during a recent playthrough a few months ago,my god,I don't know what the hell I saw in that game and it was because my Sonic fanboyness (totally a word) blinded me to good games.

Well,no amount of fanboyness could blind me from the abyssmal Sonic 06,I hated it then and I still hate it now.It put me off the series for a while and it didn't help that Sega was trying weird shit with the games.

After that,I started to give up on Sonic and went moved on to other games and genres like Ace Attorney,the Tales series and many more.Once Sonic started gaining more momentum,I checked out Sonic Colors and Generations at some point,and just like that,I started to love Sonic again.

I fucking love Vyse from Valkyria Chronicles and
Sonic Racing Transformed,I need to play his game now.
So I check Sonic & Sega All Star Racing and it was pretty good,had a blast.Then I checked out Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and I'm loving even more,the series is better than Mario Kart in my opinion.
So I start racing with these Sega characters and realized that I always heard about these games but I never tried them.So this is where I am now,prepare for an abrupt change of mood.

While my tastes in gaming expanded,I still never checked out games like Jet Set Radio or Nights,even as I write this,I still haven't played them despite hearing nothing but positive things,yet I have Sonic Adventure HD  on my PS3.
Sega is not doing so hot right now and I can't help but feel a little responsible,since I never supported their other IP's.

I bought Valkyria Chronicles at some point and bought Rhythm Thief on the week it was launched and I loved those games.I'm looking at this gameplay video for Vanquish and it looks fucking incredible!I want to finally experience games Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia on the PSN,and I want them to do well so long time Sega fans can get their Shenmue 3 and other sequels.

I have a list of Sega games that I plan to buy and some games that my interest but not sold on.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection(Has Phantasy Star)
Jet Set Radio
Crazy Taxi
NiGHTS
Shenmue(put it on PSN)
Skies of Arcadia(put this on PSN)
Space Channel 5
Add caption
Yakuza(I need the HD collection to come over here so I can get into the series)
Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 (If 3 ever comes over here)
Phantasy Star Psp games
Vanquish
Binary Domain
Hell Yeah!Attack of the Dead Rabbit
ChuChu Rocket (iOS)
Rhythm Thief(iOS,heavily debating to get this again)


Shit load of games huh?I need a Vita for the handheld ones,which might take a while to get one,but this covers the games.
I'm not mindlessly throwing my money away,I just want to support Sega for making good games and get some enjoyment in the process.
Now let's say what would if Sega went under.That would be tragic,wouldn't it?So in that case,Sega would have to sell the company to someone,and I feel that the right choice would be Nintendo.

Sega and Nintendo combined would be pretty kickass,right?
Except look at Nintendo,alot of their Ip's like F-Zero,Custom Robo,Star Fox,even Metroid,get tossed aside for the likes of Mario,Zelda and Kirby.
Kirby had a better 20th Aniversary than Metroid did,which Nintendo didn't even acknowledge,and that's horrible!
Nintendo would do no better with Phantasy Star and Shenmue,hardly making them revelent.
But I suppose that's better than Sega going away for good.



I'm just an 18 year old kid that doesn't have any experience with this stuff,so I'm sure I've said something incredibly stupid without even realizing,so I'll stop now.I wonder if it's even readable.






























No comments:

Post a Comment