Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pokemon on Wii U

Pokemon had an interesting selection on the Wii.

Pokemon Battle Revolution was the first Pokemon game to have online play WITHOUT the need to have friend codes,had some cool stadiums and had excellent music.It was more a compliment to Diamond and Pearl,you couldn't get the most out of it without those games.

Pokemon Ranch wasn't even a game,it was a place to store your Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Pokemon and if you put 999 Pokemon in there,you got a free Mew.10 bucks for a Mew basicly.

We didn't get the Wiiware Mystery Dungeon games,so I can't speak for those.
Pokemon Rumble was fun game that was a little too expensive for what it was,a beat-em-up(?) that only used the A button and somehow got a retail sequel.

PokePark Wii was a fun diversion,a collection of mini games,spread out in this park,exploring some different areas with a Pikachu.I played through this game twice somehow,and while it was fun,it's too repetive and definitely intended for a younger audience.
PokePark 2 is more of the same,just with the Black/White Pokemon added in,I never picked it up.

This is what everyone seems to want,a new game in the same vein as Colosseum and XD,and a new Pokemon Snap.

Over 600 Pokemon?Gamepad as a camera?Sold.
Snap would be really cool on the Wii U,using the Gamepad in some cool way,but it could also be done on the 3DS,so I don't know,all I know it that everyone wants a new Snap game.

A console RPG Pokemon game could work out but I'm sure Game Freak has enough problems with the 3DS main series and a Wii U version would take some of the appeal away from the 3DS ones.

What I think they'll do is a Pokemon Battle Revolution U or something,a compliment to the main series on the 3DS,but with better battle graphics and online play.
What I want from such a game is for the mini games from Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 to return,something fun to do when I don't want to battle.
Since the PokePark games exist,I don't know how likely it is,so I doubt my desire will come true.

The series can make some daring moves though,such as Conquest a few months ago,so an MMO isn't out of the question.The Wii U has potential for online and a Pokemon MMO would defintely be a killer app.

Combat that isn't so stiff...
I personally want a Pokemon action RPG,like Tales of Symphonia or something,playing as a Pokemon against other Pokemon,like a fully realized combat system from PokePark Wii.







with the elements of a Tales games,it could work.















I can't tell what the hell they'll end up doing with the series,for all I know,they might combine Monster Hunter with Pokemon..there's definitely an audience for that,so someone make that happen!


Environments like Xenoblade Chronicles...





Combat from Monster Hunter...
Realistic looking Pokemon...
and you have the best selling game of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment